It’s been quite the year, it’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2022? Over the next month we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 16 categories for our 8th annual Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2022.
- Read on for the nominees for the monsta for Best Theatre Actor of 2022 2021 winner James McArdle (The Tragedy Of Macbeth); 2020 winner: Michael Balogun (Death of England: Delroy), 2019: Daniel Monks (Teenage Dick), 2018: Arinze Kene (Misty), 2017: Andrew Scott (Hamlet), 2016: George Mackay (The Caretaker), 2015: James McAvoy (The Ruling Class)
- Jonathan Bailey, COCK, Ambassadors Theatre Review
2. Bertie Carvel, The 47th, Old Vic Review
5. Mark Rylance, Jerusalem, Apollo Theatre, Review
- Who should win? Tell us in the comments below or email us at email@example.com. Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed on this site on 30/12/22
- Vote for Best Podcast of 2022; Best Venue; Best Performance Of A Song; Best New Musical; Best Gig; Best New Play; Best Album; Best Supporting Actor; Best TV/Film Actress; Best TV/Film Actor; Best TV; Best Film; Best Song; Best Theatre Actor; Best Theatre Actress; and Best Revival
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham, email firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Instagram and Facebook