It’s been quite the year, it’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2021? Over the next week we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 15 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2021.
- Read on for the nominees for the monsta for Best Song of 2021 2020 winner: A Summer In Ohio by Molly Lynch (The Last Five Years, Southwark Playhouse), 2019 winner: I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman (& Juliet, Shaftesbury Theatre), 2018: Getting Married Today (Company, Gielgud Theatre), 2017: Tight Connection To My Heart (Girl From the North Country, Old Vic)
2. Cabaret by Jessie Buckley in Cabaret, Playhouse Theatre Tickets Review
3. Friendship by Robert Lindsay and Sutton Foster in Anything Goes at the Barbican Tickets Review
4. I Don’t Want To Go On Without You/Stand By Me by Beverley Knight in The Drifters Girl, Garrick Theatre Tickets Review
5. No Woman, No Cry by Gabrielle Brooks in Get Up, Stand Up!, Lyric Theatre, Tickets Review
- Who should win? Tell us in the comments below or email us at email@example.com. Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed on this site on 30/12/21.
- Vote for 2021’s best podcast, best venue , best album, best gig, best song, best new musical, best TV/film actress, best TV show, best revival best TV/film actor , best new play, best theatre actor and best film.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham, email firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Instagram and Facebook