It’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2018? Over the next week we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 14 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2018.
- Read on for nominees for the monsta for Musical of the year. 2017 winner: Everybody’s Talking About Jamie at the Apollo Theatre
2. Drip at the Bush Theatre Review Tickets
Our part in Drip‘s Twitter moment here
3. Eugenius at the Other Palace Review
4. Heathers at the Other Palace (and then Theatre Royal Haymarket) Review
5. Strictly Ballroom at the Piccadilly Theatre Review
- Who should win? Tell us in the comments or email us at the address below. Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed 29/12/18.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham, email firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Instagram and Facebook
The Band – such a phenomenal show!! I’ve seen it 16 times and it never fails to blow me away. People go in to the theatre expecting the story of Take That and come away having laughed, cried and relived their teenage years.
Strictly Ballroom is the best musical I have seen and l saw this 3 times. The dancers were brilliant but the star of the show for me was Will Young. What a talented young man. His singing voice is so beautiful but his acting and comedy timing was just fantastic , couldn’t take my eyes of him he is so charasmistic. I want this show to return to the Westend. The audience just loved this show and the standing ovations were so well deserved.
Eugenius definitely. Awesome lines, catchy songs, geekiest show I’ve seen. I’ve seen it about 8 times. I wish they were coming back…