WHEN?: 7pm (UK time) 9/2/19 on SVT (link at the bottom of the page below)
Melodifestivalen got off to a joyous start last weekend with Wiktoria’s glorious rain-soaked ballad Not With Me becoming our early favourite but what do we think of Heat 2’s snippets (listen and watch below)?
- Read on for reasons including who we think will make the final on 9 March from this heat
We’ve already previewed the four MF returners in this heat and to read more about them go here. Below is where you’ll find the snippets of this year’s entries and our predictions about who will finish where on Saturday.
- Andreas Johnson Army Of Us (Andreas Johnson, Jimmy Jansson, Sara Ryan, Andreas ‘Stone’ Johansson, Sebastian Thott) PREDICTION: 5th
His biggest MF successes are now more than a decade away and, although this is a more modern Coldplay-esque sound compared to the 60s and 70s riffs with which he made his Melodifestivalen name, we think he might struggle. It does evoke memories of his best song Glorious however which might help.
2. Malou Prytz I Do Me (Isa Tengblad, Elvira Anderfjärd, Fanny Arnesson, Adéle Cechal) PREDICTION: 6th
Very Katy Perry and reminding of High 15 who were allocated this slot last week but lacked a little in the live vocal department. All 4 acts who progressed last week had contest experience and that might make it tough for this newbie to make her mark.
3. Oscar Enestad I Love It (Emanuel Abrahamsson, Parker James, Oscar Enestad) PREDICTION: Final
We love it. Oscar has previous history with MF and we think this is an interesting snippet with an understated and quirky opening that breaks into an instantly memorable chorus. One to watch.
- 30 second visual clips here
4. Jan Malmsjö Leva Livet (Live Life) (Anderz Wrethov, Elin Wrethov, Johan Bejerholm) PREDICTION: 7th
Half a century ago his song Hej Clown was an MF runner-up. Quirky in the verse and rousing of chorus, we still think this will repeat last week’s Arja Saijonmaa result.
5. Vlad Reiser Nakna i regnet (Naked In The Rain) (Lukas Nathansson, John Hårleman, Vladislav Meletjenkov, Chris Enberg) PREDICTION: Andra Chansen
Urban and in its native language, we weren’t expecting to be as enchanted by this as much as we are. The 1st act without MF history to progress this year we’d venture.
- 60 second sound clips here
6. Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO Hold You (Jimmy Jansson, Fredrik Sonefors, Hanna Ferm, Liam Pablito Cacatian Thomassen) PREDICTION: Final
It’s Hanna’s vocal we’re most enjoying here and this is a little more pop than LIAMOO’s previous entry which finished 6th last year.
7. Margaret Tempo (Anderz Wrethov, Jimmy Jansson, Laurell Barker, Sebastian von Koenigsegg) PREDICTION: Andra Chansen
Margaret is our favourite in this heat and we’re left wanting a little more from this, although admittedly we’ve 2 minutes still to hear. It reminds of In My Cabana and we’re still hopeful but we were wanting something that would boss Eurovision rather than fit in quite so seamlessly.