It’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2016? Over the next fortnight we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 12 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2016.
- Read on for nominees for the monsta for theatre actress of the year. 2015 winner: Sheridan Smith (Funny Girl)
- Jade Anouka (The Tempest, Donmar at King’s Cross) Tickets
Photograph: Helen Maybanks (Jade Anouka (right) with Sheila Atim)
2. Sheila Atim (The Tempest, Donmar at King’s Cross)
Picture: Helen Maybanks
3. Anna Chancellor (The Seagull, the National)
4. Billie Piper (Yerma, Young Vic)
5. Amber Riley (Dreamgirls, Savoy) Tickets
- Who should win? Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed 30/12/16.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham or check us out on Facebook