WORTH A LOOK?: *****
Author Alice Oseman’s web comic Heartstopper may have seemed unlikely source material for 2022’s best show of the year so far but below are 6 reasons with clips about why you should catch it on Netflix now.
- Read on for reasons including Olivia Colman, Fisayo Akinade and a heartwarming first love story
- Nick comes out to Olivia Colman
2. Nick confronts Charlie
3. Charlie’s friends
Charlie’s growing up wouldn’t be quite so believable without the colourful cast of friends he has to support him as he ponders his life. Tao (top left) is particularly believable as a best friend who would do anything but especially ‘send a strongly worded DM’ to protect Charlie while his budding friendship with Elle is a thrilling counterpoint to the Nick/Charlie relationship. We need to know Elle’s backstory too. Why did she change schools? Lesbians Tara and Darcy, each quite different in their own confidence, are just everything too.
4. Tori Spring – the best sister
5. Art teacher played by Fisayo Akinade enabling their story
6. Nick and Charlie’s story
We’re suckers for a gay love story beautifully told. This is 1st gay love – and is cute, bold and brilliant. Get ready to fall in love.
- Pictures via Netflix How to watch
- Have you seen any of these clips or seen this show? Let us know what you thought in the comments below
- Enjoyed this review? Follow monstagigz on Twitter @NeilDurham, email email@example.com and check us out on Instagram and Facebook