It’s been quite the year, it’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2020? Over the next month we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 14 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2020.
- Read on for the nominees for the monsta for Best New Musical of 2020. 2019 winner: Vulvarine, 2018: Eugenius, 2017: Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, 2016: Groundhog Day
- Amelie: The Musical at the Other Palace Review
2. Be More Chill at the Other Palace Review
3. Pretty Woman: The Musical at the Piccadilly Theatre Review Tickets
4. Sleepless: A Musical Romance at the Troubadour, Wembley Park Theatre Review
5. Waiter, There’s A Murder In My Soup Studio 5ive, the Troubadour, Wembley Park Theatre Review
- Who should win? Tell us in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed 30/12/20.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham, email email@example.com and check us out on Instagram and Facebook
Sleepless AMusical Romance should win Best New Musical as it had a superb cast, really lovely story and bravely lead the way on showing how theatre could be staged safely while fully complying with Covid guidelines
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Pauline – very much agree with your comments particularly about Sleepless leading the way for others to follow at a really difficult time.
Sleepless was a thoroughly welcome spark of light in the dark days of lockdown. Against the odds, the producers, cast, crew, creatives and venue staff all pulled together to prove that a top quality show could happen. The show itself was a heartwarming story of ultimate social distancing turned love story. Great chemistry from the leads and top class support. Was lucky enough to see this show twice and would go again.