- They’re ever more LGBTQ friendly
Happiness. Exile. Surrender … and now Desire – all four of Hurts’ album titles have spoken to what it is to be an outsider. As their lyrics and music do. Their LGBTQ audience has never been more embraced than for the video for the first single of this campaign (still above, clip below) Beautiful Ones. Fans of recent BBC1 drama Rellik will be familiar with the story line playing out in reverse.
- Read on for reasons including the video for their best new single for years
2. New single Ready To Go is their best for years
‘When I die, yeah you know, I’ll be Ready To Go.’ Reminding these ears of 90s number one Your Woman by White Town, we reckon this is Theo and Adam’s best single for at least two years. Since Lights to be precise. Its certainly the most focused and full-pelt pop they’ve ever been.
3. They’re Beautiful Ones
Ready To Go is the second single from Desire and was preceded by the anthemic Beautiful Ones this summer (see official clip above). The album is out 29/9.
4. They’re already on tour
Hurts have been playing live at European festival dates across the summer, especially in eastern Europe, and arrive on these shores in December. Tickets
5. London gig
We’ve seen the band countless times and can’t wait for their next London gig, Thursday 7 December, at 02 Brixton Academy. Tickets
- Picture via YouTube courtesy Hurts
- Enjoyed this review? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham, email firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Instagram and Facebook