It’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2016? Over the next fortnight we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 12 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2016.
- Read on for nominees for the monsta for TV/film actor of the year. 2015 winner: Sir Anthony Hopkins
- Robbie Coltrane (National Treasure, Channel 4)
2. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Hollow Crown, BBC2)
3. Paul Dano (War And Peace, BBC1)
4. Tom Hughes (Victoria, ITV)
5. Jonas Nay (Deutschland 83, Channel 4)
- Who should win? Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed 30/12/16.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham or check us out on Facebook