It’s almost Christmas and what would the festive season be without some recognition of the best of 2016? Over the next fortnight we’ll shortlist five nominees in each of 12 categories for our Oscars, or monstas if you will, of 2016.
- Read on for nominees for the monsta for theatre actor of the year. 2015 winner: James McAvoy (The Ruling Class, Trafalgar Studios)
- David Tennant (Richard II, Barbican)
2. O.T. Fagbenle (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, National)
3. Alex Hassell (Henry V, Barbican)
4. George Mackay (The Caretaker, Old Vic)
George (right) with Timothy Spall. Picture: Manuel Harlan.
5. Sir Ian McKellen (No Man’s Land, Wyndhams): Tickets
- Who should win? Want to know why we like this shortlist? Click on the tags to read our reviews. Winner revealed 30/12/16.
- Enjoyed this shortlist? Follow its author on Twitter @NeilDurham or check us out on Facebook